Inland Empire News
San Bernardino retail theft operation nets 30 arrests
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Police arrested 30 people during an operation focused on shoplifting and organized retail theft at various stores throughout San Bernardino.
The two-day operation was conducted Thursday and Friday at local retailers including Macy's, Ralphs, Sam's Club, Sears, Stater Brothers, TJ Maxx, Target and Walmart.
Thirty suspects ranging in age from 14 to 60 were arrested.
San Bernardino police say the effort also uncovered information related to illicit fencing operations.
Officials say organized retail crime is responsible for nearly $30 billion in loss annually for U.S. retailers.
arrest, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 12 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 10 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker