Inland Empire News
Suspected DUI driver slams into Perris restaurant leaving 4 injured
PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) -- An alleged drunk driver was arrested after he slammed his vehicle into the Mariscos La Sirena restaurant in Perris Sunday, injuring four people.
The crash occurred on the 2900 block of North Perris Boulevard around 3:20 p.m.
Perris police say 19-year-old Mario Balverde of Romoland was attempting to leave a parking lot, when he lost control of the vehicle and drove into the building.
Officials say the vehicle struck employees and customers inside the restaurant.
One adult suffered major injuries, a second suffered moderate injuries and a third victim suffered minor injuries. All three were transported to a local hospital. A fourth person refused medical treatment.
Balverde was arrested and booked into jail on suspicion of felony DUI resulting in injuries.
Anyone with information about this incident was asked to contact Officer Jerry Osterloh of the Perris Police Department Traffic Division at (951) 210-1000 or (951) 776-1099.
dui, car crash, arrest, riverside county, inland empire news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter