Inland Empire News
Highland woman fatally stabbed in break-in
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for the suspect who stabbed an elderly woman to death in her home. Her husband found her when he returned from working the overnight shift Sunday. It happened on the 7500 block of Bonnie Street in the Highland area of San Bernardino.
Ray Comstock says he had just finished his graveyard shift Sunday morning when he grabbed breakfast and headed home. When he walked through the front door at about 6:30 a.m., he discovered his wife, 76-year old Loyce Comstock, had been stabbed.
"There she was, blood all down the front of her, a big heavy gash in her head, I was hoping she that she might just be unconscious. I checked her pulse, she was gone," said Ray Comstock.
Comstock says he thinks it might have been someone who knew that he was a big-time collector of coins, watches, even samurai swords.
"They just helped themselves to everything back there -- I think drug addicts or something, because this is hock-able stuff," said Comstock. "What's a guy going to do with 12 samurai swords?"
Comstock wants people out there to watch out for anyone who might try to sell any of his collectibles, and call authorities.
Comstock mourns the loss of his wife, saying they were only weeks away from celebrating their 45th anniversary.
"We've always treated people good, and then this happens. It shouldn't happen to someone like her," said Comstock.
Anyone with information about the case is urged to call the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department at (909) 387-3589.
stabbing, murder, homicide investigation, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake 20 min ago
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego 1 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)