Inland Empire News
Highland hit-and-run: Suspect arrested
HIGHLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities arrested the man who they believe was involved in a hit-and-run in Highland that left a pedestrian dead.
At approximately 2 p.m. Tuesday, the suspect, Tommy Alan Kormillo, turned himself in to deputies at the Highland Police Department. Kormillo was subsequently arrested, transported and booked into the Central Detention Center for felony hit and run.
The incident happened on Sterling Avenue, just north of Baseline Street, on Sunday at about 5:40 p.m. A blue Chevrolet Blazer was traveling southbound on Sterling Avenue when it struck the victim, identified as 53-year-old William Alvarez of Highland.
Alvarez was declared dead at the scene. The driver fled the scene, leaving behind the hood of the vehicle.
After an investigation, police say they believe 35-year-old Tommy Alan Kormillo was driving the Blazer that struck and killed Alvarez. The vehicle's license plate number is California 6UTD023.
Anyone with information about the collision is urged to call the Highland Police Department at (909) 425-9793.
hit and run, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Funeral service underway for LAPD Officer Lee 4 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea 18 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini