Inland Empire News
Chino girls basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
CHINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A girls basketball coach at Don Lugo High School in Chino has been arrested following accusations of sexual misconduct with a student.
Police say 20-year-old Valerie Segura was arrested Tuesday night following a basketball game. Segura is a 2012 graduate of the school and is in her second year of coaching.
Chino police say the investigation involves a minor female student.
According to the Chino Valley Unified School District, Segura has been placed on administrative leave while police and school officials investigate.
Segura, of Ontario, was booked at the West Valley Detention Center for sending/receiving child pornography and annoying or molesting a child.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact the Chino Police Department at (909) 628-1234.
san bernardino county, school, arrest, inland empire news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour