Inland Empire News
Chino girls basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
CHINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A girls basketball coach at Don Lugo High School in Chino has been arrested following accusations of sexual misconduct with a student.
Police say 20-year-old Valerie Segura was arrested Tuesday night following a basketball game. Segura is a 2012 graduate of the school and is in her second year of coaching.
Chino police say the investigation involves a minor female student.
According to the Chino Valley Unified School District, Segura has been placed on administrative leave while police and school officials investigate.
Segura, of Ontario, was booked at the West Valley Detention Center for sending/receiving child pornography and annoying or molesting a child.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact the Chino Police Department at (909) 628-1234.
san bernardino county, school, arrest, inland empire news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants