Inland Empire News
24 Riverside County students arrested in school drug ring case
PERRIS, Calif. -- Two dozen students, 22 juveniles and two adults, were arrested for allegedly selling drugs at Riverside County high schools.
Following an undercover investigation, officials with the Riverside County Sheriff's Department's Special Investigations Bureau identified a total of 23 juvenile students and two adult students who were allegedly selling illicit drugs on the campuses of Perris High School and Paloma Valley High School.
On Thursday, investigators arrested 22 of the juvenile students and the two adults for narcotic related arrest warrants. The juveniles were booked into Juvenile Hall, and the two adult students were booked into Southwest Detention Center.
It's unknown why the last juvenile suspect was not arrested. However, officials did say they also served two search warrants in relation to the narcotics case - one was served in Meniffee and the other in Perris.
The two adult students who were arrested were identified as Serina Ramirez, 18, and Erick De La Cruz, 19. Authorities accused both of selling narcotics at Perris High School.
During the course of the investigation, officials seized various narcotics including marijuana, cocaine, crack cocaine, methamphetamine, hashish and various prescription pills.
arrest, school, inland empire news
- Ambulance crash: 3 injured in Signal Hill 36 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- Alleged arsonist sets fire in Hollywood 34 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role