Inland Empire News
Tour bus overturns on northbound 15 Freeway in Corona
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A tour bus overturned on the northbound 15 Freeway in Corona on Thursday afternoon.
The crash was reported shortly after 2:30 p.m. at Magnolia Avenue. The bus company, Sina Coach, said there were 22 passengers and the driver on board.
According to the California Highway Patrol, all passengers suffered minor to moderate injuries. Many of them had to crawl out of the emergency hatch on top of the bus.
The driver, 35-year-old Jian Fei Duan of Baldwin Park, sustained minor injuries and was not transported to the hospital.
The driver was traveling 65 mph when he lost control and hit the center median guardrail. The CHP said that is "unsafe speed for roadway conditions."
It was raining at the time of the crash, but it's unknown if the wet weather caused the accident.
The bus was heading to Garden Grove from the Pala Casino Spa & Resort in San Diego County.
Around the same, another tour bus crashed on the southbound 15 Freeway near Fallbrook in San Diego County. At least one person was killed in that crash.
car crash, inland empire news
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 32 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 7 min ago
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
19 min ago