Inland Empire News
Redlands woman found dead, son arrested for murder
REDLANDS, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was arrested for murder Saturday after his mother was found dead and his sister was found injured at their home in Redlands.
Police say they responded to the home in the 400 block of Doyle Avenue shortly after 5:30 a.m. after receiving a suspicious circumstances call. They found the 46-year-old mother dead. Police are not commenting on the cause of death.
Police also found the woman's 21-year-old daughter injured. The daughter was treated at the scene and taken to the hospital, where she underwent surgery. Her condition is unknown, police said.
Police located the woman's son, 25-year-old Pablo Hernandez Jr., outside the home. He was arrested and charged with murder and attempted murder.
People who know the suspect say the crime is hard to believe.
"I couldn't really tell you much about him, I didn't know him that much. He wasn't that kind of guy to go and do something like that to his own family," said Manuel Padilla.
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at (909) 798-7681.
san bernardino county, arrest, murder, inland empire news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 12 min ago
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 8 min ago
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours 3 min ago
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors