Inland Empire News
Riverside police pursuit ends in shooting
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A police pursuit ended in an officer-involved shooting in Riverside Sunday.
Authorities were chasing a stolen vehicle when it crashed near Diana Avenue and Adams Street near the 91 Freeway on-ramp around 12 a.m.
When police moved in, the car attempted to accelerate, backing up into an officer. That's when police opened fire, wounding one of the three male suspects inside the car.
The vehicle then accelerated forward towards the 91 Freeway on-ramp, veered to the left and tumbled down onto the freeway. The vehicle came to rest on the No. 3 and 4 lanes of the westbound 91 Freeway.
All three suspects were injured and transported to a local hospital.
The officer who was struck by the car was treated and released.
The Nos. 1, 2, and 3 lanes of the westbound 91 Freeway were shut down at Madison Street following the incident.
The investigation is being handled by the Riverside Police Department and the Riverside County District Attorney's Office, which is routine protocol following officer-involved shootings.
pursuit, arrest, officer-involved shooting, riverside county, inland empire news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants