Inland Empire News
Bicyclist injured in Calimesa hit-and-run
CALIMESA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are searching for the hit-and-run driver who struck a man on a bicycle in Calimesa Sunday.
The incident occurred at the intersection of Calimesa Boulevard and Singleton Road around 12:25 p.m.
Riverside County Sheriff's deputies located a bicyclist lying on the road.
Witnesses told deputies that the bicyclist was traveling southbound and the vehicle was traveling northbound, both on Calimesa Boulevard. They said the vehicle crossed the center divider, and drove head on into the bicyclist's lane.
That's when the vehicle struck the bicycle with the front left of the vehicle and fled the scene. Investigators suspect the car likely has front-end damage.
Witnesses described the vehicle as a light green or light blue compact four-door vehicle. The suspect was described as an elderly male with white hair.
Calimesa Boulevard, between Singleton Road and Chandler Avenue, was closed for four hours following the incident.
Anyone with information regarding the hit-and-run was urged to contact the Riverside County Sheriff's Department Cabazon Station at (951) 922-7100.
riverside county, hit and run, inland empire news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back 39 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 28 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video