Inland Empire News
Man fatally stabs ex-wife, daughter in San Bernardino, police say
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A man fatally stabbed his ex-wife and 6-year-old daughter in San Bernardino on Wednesday, police said.
The incident happened at a home in the 300 block of West 29th Street shortly before 6 a.m. According to police, Jordon Sartorio, 42, and his 51-year-old ex-wife, Miraflor, were divorced but living together in the home. The two got into an argument, and Sartorio stabbed his ex-wife several times, police said.
Their 6-year-old daughter, Jira, woke up and began screaming. Police say Sartorio stabbed and killed the girl.
Sartorio then attempted to kill himself by slashing his wrists. He called 911 and surrendered without incident when police arrived.
Sartorio was arrested and taken to a nearby hospital, where he was set to undergo surgery. He was listed in stable condition. Police say he will be facing two counts of murder when he's released.
Police say there is no history of domestic violence at the home. A teenage son was not at home during the incident.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is urged to call detectives at (909) 384-5647.
san bernardino county, stabbing, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...
- Stress management tip - call your doctor
31 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
26 min ago