Inland Empire News
Man fatally stabs ex-wife, daughter in San Bernardino, police say
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A man fatally stabbed his ex-wife and 6-year-old daughter in San Bernardino on Wednesday, police said.
The incident happened at a home in the 300 block of West 29th Street shortly before 6 a.m. According to police, Jordon Sartorio, 42, and his 51-year-old ex-wife, Miraflor, were divorced but living together in the home. The two got into an argument, and Sartorio stabbed his ex-wife several times, police said.
Their 6-year-old daughter, Jira, woke up and began screaming. Police say Sartorio stabbed and killed the girl.
Sartorio then attempted to kill himself by slashing his wrists. He called 911 and surrendered without incident when police arrived.
Sartorio was arrested and taken to a nearby hospital, where he was set to undergo surgery. He was listed in stable condition. Police say he will be facing two counts of murder when he's released.
Police say there is no history of domestic violence at the home. A teenage son was not at home during the incident.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is urged to call detectives at (909) 384-5647.
san bernardino county, stabbing, inland empire news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations 40 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing 24 min ago
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)