Inland Empire News
Stolen Pug recovered, will go to girl fighting cancer
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A stolen puppy Pug that was bought as a gift for a 7-year-old girl fighting leukemia has been found.
Shawna Hamon of Riverside bought the puppy, named Moo Choo, for the Pennsylvania girl as a Christmas present. Police say after Hamon purchased the dog, a woman she knows from a Pug networking group agreed to deliver Moo Choo to the child in Sacramento. But the dog never arrived and the woman wouldn't give the dog back, police said.
Hamon reported the incident to Riverside police, who found the puppy Wednesday in the Atwater Village area. Police say the woman had learned of their search and was keeping the dog at a neighbor's home.
The pug was returned to Hamon, who now says she will personally fly out to Pennsylvania to deliver Moo Choo. The girl is currently undergoing experimental treatment for her deadly disease.
So far, no charges have been filed against the woman.
inland empire news
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested 14 min ago
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble 2 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Push to get more Covered California signups
49 min ago
- Easy moves to keep hips strong and healthy
48 min ago