Inland Empire News
Moreno Valley man arrested for marijuana sales
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Police arrested a 29-year-old man with 53 pounds of marijuana in Moreno Valley Thursday.
Acting on a tip, police served a narcotics search warrant in the 11900 block of Sugar Creek around 4 p.m.
Upon service of the warrant, deputies located 53 pounds of marijuana, 9 grams of concentrated cannabis known as wax, two sawed off shotguns, and two pistols.
Deputies also located equipment inside the resident to manufacture concentrated cannabis, also known as hashish or honey oil.
The Riverside County Sheriff's Department Marijuana Team responded to the residence and confirmed the findings of an active honey lab.
The scene was processed by the fire department and rendered safe for the community. Jules Benoit, 29, of Moreno Valley was arrested for manufacturing hashish, possession for sales of marijuana, possession of unregistered firearms and armed with a firearm in the commission of a felony.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with additional information was urged to contact Deputy Olguin at the Moreno Valley Sheriff's Station by calling (951) 486-6700.
arrest, drug cartel, riverside county, inland empire news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash 46 min ago
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role