Inland Empire News
Moreno Valley man arrested for marijuana sales
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Police arrested a 29-year-old man with 53 pounds of marijuana in Moreno Valley Thursday.
Acting on a tip, police served a narcotics search warrant in the 11900 block of Sugar Creek around 4 p.m.
Upon service of the warrant, deputies located 53 pounds of marijuana, 9 grams of concentrated cannabis known as wax, two sawed off shotguns, and two pistols.
Deputies also located equipment inside the resident to manufacture concentrated cannabis, also known as hashish or honey oil.
The Riverside County Sheriff's Department Marijuana Team responded to the residence and confirmed the findings of an active honey lab.
The scene was processed by the fire department and rendered safe for the community. Jules Benoit, 29, of Moreno Valley was arrested for manufacturing hashish, possession for sales of marijuana, possession of unregistered firearms and armed with a firearm in the commission of a felony.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with additional information was urged to contact Deputy Olguin at the Moreno Valley Sheriff's Station by calling (951) 486-6700.
arrest, drug cartel, riverside county, inland empire news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 6 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours 17 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 57 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 2 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 13 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 9 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 10 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq 29 min ago
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks