Inland Empire News
Bloomington hit-and-run: Woman arrested in death of tow truck driver
BLOOMINGTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A Riverside woman has been arrested in connection to a hit-and-run that killed a tow truck driver in Bloomington.
The incident occurred shortly before 2 a.m. Tuesday when 39-year-old Ricardo Valdez, a tow truck driver with Aslan Towing out of Riverside, was called to pick up a yellow Chevy Camaro on a bridge over rail road tracks near the 10200 block of Cedar Avenue.
The road is very narrow and has no shoulder. As Valdez was putting the Camaro onto the flat bed of his truck, California Highway Patrol officials say someone driving a silver Nissan Altima slammed into him at high speed.
Instead of stopping to help the victim, CHP says the driver fled the scene on foot. The suspect, identified as 30-year-old Maria Ochoa, was later arrested. The CHP says she faces charges of felony hit-and-run, vehicular manslaughter and DUI.
Valdez was taken to an area hospital in critical condition. He later died from his injuries.
"He is a lovely man, and he is the best father you could ever have," said the victim's daughter, 12-year-old Vianey Valdez.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the San Bernardino California Highway Patrol at (909) 383-4217.
san bernardino county, hit and run, car crash, california highway patrol, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 14 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside 5 min ago
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Obama to preserve California federal lands 1 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video