Inland Empire News
Temecula man allegedly points gun at girl selling Girl Scout cookies
TEMECULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Temecula man was arrested for allegedly pointing a gun at a girl who knocked on his door to sell Girl Scout cookies Sunday.
Officers responded to an assault with a deadly weapon call on the 3100 block of Strawberry Tree Lane around 11:24 a.m.
According to police, when the victim knocked on John Dodrill's home, he opened the door and pointed a gun at her. The girl's father witnessed the incident and alerted police.
Officers arrested the 53-year-old suspect and confiscated the weapon.
Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio released a statement Monday saying that this was an isolated incident.
"The safety of the girls is of paramount importance to Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio," the statement said. "There is no record of anything like this ever occurring in the past 90 years since Girl Scouts were established in the area. The San Gorgonio Council has established rules for door-to-door and cookie booth selling, and provides mandatory training for all adults and girls."
The organization says girls are trained to never sell cookies without an adult present, unless they are senior or ambassador scouts.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this investigation was urged to contact Officer Garcia at the Southwest Sheriff's Station at (951) 696-3000.
arrest, riverside county, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 46 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...