Inland Empire News
Cheerleading coach arrested for sexual abuse
CHINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A 32-year-old Chino male cheerleading coach has been arrested for alleged sexual abuse of minors.
Chino Police said a parent overheard their child and a friend discussing acts of molestation, and called police on February 1. The ensuing investigation led to the identification of a 14-year-old female victim.
The teen cooperated with investigators and identified the suspect as her cheerleading coach, Kristofer Bland. Bland worked for a private company teaching cheerleading, according to police.
Investigators obtained corroborating evidence linking Bland to the victim and several others, police said.
Bland was arrested and booked on charges of continual sexual abuse of a minor.
The investigation was ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this incident should call the Chino Police Department at (909) 628-1234.
arrest, sexual assault, inland empire news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal 27 min ago
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour