Inland Empire News
Former Rialto school board member arrested for child pornography
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A former Rialto school board member was arrested Thursday on child pornography charges after leaving his computer with a repair technician.
Daniel Lee Mays, 65, gave his computer to the technician in Highland for service. The technician confirmed to police there were images of child pornography on the computer's hard drive.
Detectives served a search warrant at Mays' residence on Arbeth Street in Rialto and found hard drives, computer discs and numerous videos depicting child pornography.
Mays served on the Rialto Unified School District Board from 1999 to 2008, when he lost his seat in an election. Currently, he is the parliamentarian with the Rialto Democratic Club, according to police.
The investigation was ongoing. Anyone with information related to the case is asked to contact Rialto Detective Carla McCullough at (909) 820-2521.
arrest, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 23 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 5 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know... 54 min ago