Inland Empire News
Riverside church employee arrested for sex with teen
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A church employee in Riverside was arrested on Tuesday for an alleged sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl.
Authorities say the parent of the teen alerted police on Monday after discovering that the girl was having a sexual relationship with a 37-year-old man.
After an investigation, Gionatan Ricard Almaraz was taken into custody on numerous charges related to felony sexual contact with a minor and seducing a minor via telephone/Internet.
Investigators say the Moreno Valley resident is a staff member at the Riverside Apostolic Church, where the teen is also a member. The alleged sexual assault occurred at the church, police said.
Almaraz is being held on $75,000 bail. Anyone with information is urged to call Riverside Police Detective Melissa Brazil at (951) 353-7121.
arrest, sex crimes, sexual assault, inland empire news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors