Inland Empire News
Mira Loma man arrested for sexually assaulting 11-year-old runaway
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 34-year-old Mira Loma man was arrested Tuesday for sexually assaulting an 11-year-old runaway in Riverside.
The 11-year-old girl was picked up on a roadway on Friday shortly after running away from home, according to the Riverside Police Department.
The suspect, later identified as 34-year-old Erik Dean Boettcher, allegedly drove the girl to an uninhabited area and sexually assaulted her. He then allegedly took her to a Corona motel he gave her drugs and further sexually assaulted her.
On Saturday, the girl was dropped off in a Riverside parking lot, and she walked to a police station where she reported the incident.
On Tuesday, investigators identified Boettcher as the suspect. He was located and arrested on multiple sexual assault charges and was held without bail.
Boettcher did not enter a plea in court Thursday. He's due back in court on March 6.
Police said Boettcher was on Post Release Community Supervision and was released early from incarceration to reduce prison overcrowding.
Anyone with information on this investigation is asked to contact Detective Rita Cobb at (951) 353-7120 or Detective Laura Ellefson at (951) 353-7126.
arrest, sex crimes, sexual assault, inland empire news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 30 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 45 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside 6 min ago
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Obama to preserve California federal lands 3 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft 48 min ago
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video