Inland Empire News
Semi driver killed when thrown from 10 freeway ramp in Colton
COLTON, Calif. (KABC) -- The driver of a big rig died on Friday after being thrown from a ramp on the 10 Freeway in Colton.
The incident happened sometime before noon on the westbound 10 connector to southbound 215 in San Bernardino County.
The unidentified victim was ejected from the truck when the vehicle jackknifed on the ramp and hit a guardrail.
The driver then plummeted several dozen feet to road below and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Video of the incident showed the driver covered with a tarp as California Highway Patrol officers investigated.
The crash happened during a storm that deluged Southern California with several inches of rain, but it was not immediately known if weather played a factor.
No further details were available.
accident, inland empire news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter