Mountain lion sighted in Palmdale
Sunday, August 10, 2008
PALMDALE (KABC) -- A local community is on alert over fears of a prowling mountain lion.
The cat is believed to have killed a newborn horse overnight near Angeles Forest Highway and Forest Ridge Road in Palmdale.That's where Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies found paw prints this Saturday morning. A caretaker at the ranch says a horse gave birth overnight.
But this morning, the foal had disappeared, leaving only the prints and a trail of blood leading into the woods. Just last week, authorities got a call of a mountain lion roaming around nearby Paloma Vista Park.
(Copyright ©2014 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again 44 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Intersection gets safety upgrades after death
56 min ago
- Website brings history of Los Angeles to life
21 min ago