Mountain lion sighted in Palmdale
Sunday, August 10, 2008
PALMDALE (KABC) -- A local community is on alert over fears of a prowling mountain lion.
The cat is believed to have killed a newborn horse overnight near Angeles Forest Highway and Forest Ridge Road in Palmdale.That's where Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies found paw prints this Saturday morning. A caretaker at the ranch says a horse gave birth overnight.
But this morning, the foal had disappeared, leaving only the prints and a trail of blood leading into the woods. Just last week, authorities got a call of a mountain lion roaming around nearby Paloma Vista Park.
(Copyright ©2013 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event