Fred Goldman after OJ Simpson's NFL ring
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- As O.J. Simpson sits in a Nevada jail, awaiting sentencing for kidnapping and robbery, lawyers for Fred Goldman have gone to court in Santa Monica, hoping to retrieve Simpson's National Football League Hall of Fame ring.
Fred Goldman is the father of Ron Goldman, who was murdered with Simpson's ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson in 1994.
O.J. Simpson was acquitted of their murders, but the Goldman family won a multimillion-dollar civil wrongful death judgment against Simpson, most of it still unpaid.
Attorneys for Goldman believe Simpson gave his NFL the ring to one of the memorabilia dealers he was convicted of robbing at a Las Vegas hotel.
They believe the ring is worth as much as $50,000.
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 16 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash 51 min ago
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen 7 min ago
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 films to be preserved
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds