Fred Goldman after OJ Simpson's NFL ring
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- As O.J. Simpson sits in a Nevada jail, awaiting sentencing for kidnapping and robbery, lawyers for Fred Goldman have gone to court in Santa Monica, hoping to retrieve Simpson's National Football League Hall of Fame ring.
Fred Goldman is the father of Ron Goldman, who was murdered with Simpson's ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson in 1994.
O.J. Simpson was acquitted of their murders, but the Goldman family won a multimillion-dollar civil wrongful death judgment against Simpson, most of it still unpaid.
Attorneys for Goldman believe Simpson gave his NFL the ring to one of the memorabilia dealers he was convicted of robbing at a Las Vegas hotel.
They believe the ring is worth as much as $50,000.
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing 59 min ago
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)