Family poisoned by carbon monoxide
PARAMOUNT, Calif. (KABC) -- Several members of a family are hospitalized Tuesday morning after being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.
They had used a charcoal barbeque to heat their home, but someone woke up soon enough to call 911 at about 2:10 a.m.
Paramedics arrived at the home on 16000 block of Orizaba and found four people overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.
One 40-year-old woman, an 18-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy were rushed to the hospital.
It didn't take paramedics long to find the source of the fumes. A charcoal grill was in the kitchen that the family said it used to keep warm inside the house.
First responders said they see this a lot as the temperatures drop, and now, as the economy takes a downturn.
Some symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include:
- Trouble thinking clearly
Residents can get a home carbon monoxide detector that costs anywhere from $30 to $50,
- Get more local news headlines from Los Angeles
- Have a news tip? Send your tips, video, or pictures
los angeles, miriam hernandez
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants