$135K offered in fatal USC hit-and-run
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The reward is up to $135,000 after two USC students were struck by a hit-and-run driver last weekend, killing one of them.
Adrianna Bachan, 18, and Marcus Garfinkle were hit as they crossed Jefferson Boulevard at Hoover early Sunday morning. A motorist ran a red light and plowed into the couple.
Bachan was killed, while Garfinkle was seriously injured. The driver stopped briefly at the scene, while his passenger got out and removed Garfinkle from the hood of their car. They fled the scene, leaving the victims on the street.
Police say there were four or five witnesses who saw the accident, but no one was able to get the car's license plate number. Police are looking for a black or charcoal, late '90s sedan, possibly a Honda Accord or a Toyota Corolla, with a cracked windshield and front end damage. Anyone with any information about the vehicle or the accident is urged to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7. Both students were freshmen at USC who were reportedly returning to their campus housing from a fraternity party. MORE LOCAL HEADLINES FROM LOS ANGELES USEFUL LINKS: SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || TWEET @abc7 || WIDGET
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter