Funeral services held for USC crash victim
MONTECITO, Calif. (KABC) -- A funeral service was held Wednesday at a Montecito church for Adrianna Bachan, the 18-year-old University of Southern California student killed by a hit and run driver on March 29.
Wednesday night, friends and family also gathered at a church near Downtown Los Angeles for a memorial service.
Among those who spoke at the memorial was Bachan's sister Alexandra. "Not a day passed when she wouldn't call and talk to her daddy," the sister said, "My father is so devastated by the loss of Adrianna that he is incapacitated by his grief and he's bedridden. He's paralyzed and destroyed."
Bachan was walking with a friend in a crosswalk near USC campus the night of March 29, when they were hit by a car. Bachan was killed. Her friend, USC student Marcus Garfinkle suffered two broken legs and other injuries.
Witnesses say the car stopped, someone got out and removed Garfinkle from the hood, and the car took off again.
Earlier this week, Claudia Cabrera, the woman suspected of driving the car, pleaded not guilty to vehicular manslaughter and hit-and-run. Police are still searching for Cabrera's husband, Josue Luna, who they believe was in the car at the time of the crash.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES FROM LOS ANGELES
SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || WIDGET
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 43 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence 22 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 4 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...