Dodgers opening day marred by violence
CHAVEZ RAVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- After a nearly picture-perfect Dodgers opening day of baseball at Chavez Ravine, several violent incidents broke out near the stadium.
A 30-year-old man was reportedly stabbed in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium, near Gate A. His condition was serious. He was treated by firefighters and was transported to a hospital.
Police are seeking suspects related to the stabbing. The suspect vehicle is described as a black Ford F-150 pickup truck with a broken back window.
Police also received a report of man with gun. When officers arrived at the reported location, they found no man with a gun, but did find evidence of vandalism. It was not reported what had been vandalized.
Outside the stadium on Sunset Boulevard, there was a report of a huge fight, possibly involving as many as 30 people, and possibly involving a gun. Police were investigating, but no further evidence of the fight was found.
An SUV and a car collided with each other near the main entrance to Dodger Stadium. The incident occurred at Sunset Blvd. and Allison Ave.
There were as many as eight police vehicles on the scene, with multiple LAPD officers from the Northeast Division keeping peace in the area.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES FROM LOS ANGELES
SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || TWEET @abc7 || WIDGET
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 24 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire 41 min ago
- 289 missing, 7 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 6 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 12 min ago
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks 50 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break