Los Angeles News
Parrot worth $2K stolen in Baldwin Park
BALDWIN PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A Baldwin Park woman hopes someone can help get her pet parrot Bubba back home.
Barbara Thompson said someone busted into her aviary over the weekend and stole her African Gray parrot, a bird she has had for 17 years.
- Video: Parrot named Bubba stolen from home
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
Thompson said she called police and local pet stores, asking them to keep an eye out for someone trying to sell the bird, valued at close to $2,000.
"It's shocking. You're just numb, to think that somebody would do something like that to you. Particularly someone you knew because it had to have been, because how else would they know that the dogs wouldn't bite them," she said.
Thompson said Bubba made distinct noises that would be easy to identify.
"She barks like a dog, you know, she backs up like up truck, you know, that beep beep. She does that," she said.
Thompson, who spends her days hooked up to an oxygen line, said she considers her bird to be like her teenage daughter.
"I sit there sometimes at night and I am just thinking about her," she said.
"Every time I go to the back door, I look to see maybe they put her back, which I know is impossible."
los angeles news
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 29 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Torrance attempted burglary suspect sought 23 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- 2-year-old found with heroin in New Jersey 3 min ago
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Jay Leno among TV Hall of Fame inductees 5 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons