Los Angeles News
Parrot worth $2K stolen in Baldwin Park
BALDWIN PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A Baldwin Park woman hopes someone can help get her pet parrot Bubba back home.
Barbara Thompson said someone busted into her aviary over the weekend and stole her African Gray parrot, a bird she has had for 17 years.
- Video: Parrot named Bubba stolen from home
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
Thompson said she called police and local pet stores, asking them to keep an eye out for someone trying to sell the bird, valued at close to $2,000.
"It's shocking. You're just numb, to think that somebody would do something like that to you. Particularly someone you knew because it had to have been, because how else would they know that the dogs wouldn't bite them," she said.
Thompson said Bubba made distinct noises that would be easy to identify.
"She barks like a dog, you know, she backs up like up truck, you know, that beep beep. She does that," she said.
Thompson, who spends her days hooked up to an oxygen line, said she considers her bird to be like her teenage daughter.
"I sit there sometimes at night and I am just thinking about her," she said.
"Every time I go to the back door, I look to see maybe they put her back, which I know is impossible."
los angeles news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 29 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 56 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 18 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 22 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 24 min ago
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
58 min ago