Los Angeles News
L.A. County to supervise MTA guards
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The L.A. County Sheriff's Department will now be responsible for supervising transit security guards.
The MTA revamped its policy following allegations some guards improperly detained or struck commuters.
- Video: Surveillance video shows chokehold
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
One surveillance video shows a guard putting an intoxicated man in a chokehold. The officer was convicted on three misdemeanor counts.
Investigators looked into at least 11 claims of passenger mistreatment over the past two years.
los angeles news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 27 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
2 min ago