Los Angeles News
L.A. County to supervise MTA guards
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The L.A. County Sheriff's Department will now be responsible for supervising transit security guards.
The MTA revamped its policy following allegations some guards improperly detained or struck commuters.
- Video: Surveillance video shows chokehold
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
One surveillance video shows a guard putting an intoxicated man in a chokehold. The officer was convicted on three misdemeanor counts.
Investigators looked into at least 11 claims of passenger mistreatment over the past two years.
los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 55 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video