Los Angeles News
Missing Glendora teen found dead
GLENDORA, Calif. (CNS) -- An autopsy was pending Sunday on a 17-year-old Glendora High School senior who apparently shot himself to death on a hiking trail in the foothills near his home.
Friends and family members who organized a search party for Vincent Antonio Giovanazzi found the body about 8 a.m. Saturday off the Colby Trail, north of Loraine Avenue.
A handgun that belonged to a family member was found at the scene, and police said the death appeared to be a suicide.
Vincent was reported missing after disappearing Aug. 27, telling family members he was going to the Glendora library to study.
His uncle, Bill Cooper, told the San Gabriel Valley Tribune that Vincent was "genuinely a nice, good, caring kid.
"We spent a lot of time hiking together and stuff," he said. "I'm going to miss him for the rest of my life."
A cousin spotted the body first. Police said it appeared Vincent had been dead about two weeks.
los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 9 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 19 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 31 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken 26 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Local mountains get fresh blanket of snow
22 min ago
- Jeremy Renner discusses future roles
12 min ago