Los Angeles News
Missing Glendora teen found dead
GLENDORA, Calif. (CNS) -- An autopsy was pending Sunday on a 17-year-old Glendora High School senior who apparently shot himself to death on a hiking trail in the foothills near his home.
Friends and family members who organized a search party for Vincent Antonio Giovanazzi found the body about 8 a.m. Saturday off the Colby Trail, north of Loraine Avenue.
A handgun that belonged to a family member was found at the scene, and police said the death appeared to be a suicide.
Vincent was reported missing after disappearing Aug. 27, telling family members he was going to the Glendora library to study.
His uncle, Bill Cooper, told the San Gabriel Valley Tribune that Vincent was "genuinely a nice, good, caring kid.
"We spent a lot of time hiking together and stuff," he said. "I'm going to miss him for the rest of my life."
A cousin spotted the body first. Police said it appeared Vincent had been dead about two weeks.
los angeles news
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest 15 min ago
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- Citibank in Tarzana robbed; suspects get away
- IE school, parents make push for crosswalk 46 min ago
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa 48 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water 39 min ago
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'