Los Angeles News
Baca finds money to keep L.A. jail open
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Inmates from one L.A. County jail won't enjoy an early release after all.
County officials say Sheriff Lee Baca has come up with an additional $25 million needed to keep the jail open.
Baca had earlier threatened to close the jail and release inmates because of the budget gap.
Instead, the department will use the unspent funds and new revenue streams to cover the gap.
los angeles news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill