Los Angeles News
USC fraternity members help feed homeless
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Members of a USC fraternity are busy getting ready for Thanksgiving, not for themselves or their families, but for the homeless.
Zeta Phi Rho kicked off its 8th Annual Holiday Project, which they call Zeta Phi Skid Rho.
Working with the Union Rescue Mission, the goal is to make 5,000 sandwiches to help feed the homeless during the holiday season.
"We get a whole bunch of different volunteers from all the different student organizations, as well as our chapters from other schools, and we're going to make 5,000 bag lunches for the homeless," said Zeta Phi Rho member Justin Ng.
This is just one of several events the fraternity holds throughout the year to help raise money for the mission, and to raise awareness about homelessness.
los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 8 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere