Los Angeles News
USC fraternity members help feed homeless
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Members of a USC fraternity are busy getting ready for Thanksgiving, not for themselves or their families, but for the homeless.
Zeta Phi Rho kicked off its 8th Annual Holiday Project, which they call Zeta Phi Skid Rho.
Working with the Union Rescue Mission, the goal is to make 5,000 sandwiches to help feed the homeless during the holiday season.
"We get a whole bunch of different volunteers from all the different student organizations, as well as our chapters from other schools, and we're going to make 5,000 bag lunches for the homeless," said Zeta Phi Rho member Justin Ng.
This is just one of several events the fraternity holds throughout the year to help raise money for the mission, and to raise awareness about homelessness.
los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 19 min ago
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 15 min ago
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Cool Kid raises money for children's hospital
46 min ago