Los Angeles News
Out-of-control car flips, hits water supply
INDUSTRY, Calif. (KABC) -- A driver hit a pipe in the city of Industry, leaving a watery mess on Sunday.
Authorities said a woman was headed east on Valley Boulevard at about 11:30 p.m. when she lost control of her car just before Hacienda Boulevard.
Her car flipped and landed upside down on top of the water supply to a building. Water could be seen shooting into the car, through the car and out the trunk. A pipe under the ground also broke.
The driver was taken to the hospital as a precaution. The San Gabriel Water Department shut off the water and fixed the pipe.
los angeles news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video