Los Angeles News
Nixon-masked robber holds up 2 L.A. banks
LOS ANGELES -- The FBI says it's looking for a man who robbed a pair of Los Angeles banks wearing a rubber mask of former president Richard Nixon.
FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said Friday that the man police have dubbed the "Ex-President Bandit" is responsible for the armed robbery of Santa Barbara Bank & Trust on Wednesday and a U.S. Bank branch on Nov. 25. Both banks are in the Encino area of the San Fernando Valley.
Eimiller says the man liberally brandished the gun and showed violent tendencies in both banks but his demeanor remained calm.
The 1991 film "Point Break" featured a group of bank robbers in similar masks led by the late Patrick Swayze and dubbed "The Ex-Presidents."
bank robbery, los angeles news
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 50 min ago
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 37 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 42 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors