Los Angeles News
Nixon-masked robber holds up 2 L.A. banks
LOS ANGELES -- The FBI says it's looking for a man who robbed a pair of Los Angeles banks wearing a rubber mask of former president Richard Nixon.
FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said Friday that the man police have dubbed the "Ex-President Bandit" is responsible for the armed robbery of Santa Barbara Bank & Trust on Wednesday and a U.S. Bank branch on Nov. 25. Both banks are in the Encino area of the San Fernando Valley.
Eimiller says the man liberally brandished the gun and showed violent tendencies in both banks but his demeanor remained calm.
The 1991 film "Point Break" featured a group of bank robbers in similar masks led by the late Patrick Swayze and dubbed "The Ex-Presidents."
bank robbery, los angeles news
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 50 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Laughing can improve memory 15 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 19 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
59 min ago