Los Angeles News
Nixon-masked robber holds up 2 L.A. banks
LOS ANGELES -- The FBI says it's looking for a man who robbed a pair of Los Angeles banks wearing a rubber mask of former president Richard Nixon.
FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said Friday that the man police have dubbed the "Ex-President Bandit" is responsible for the armed robbery of Santa Barbara Bank & Trust on Wednesday and a U.S. Bank branch on Nov. 25. Both banks are in the Encino area of the San Fernando Valley.
Eimiller says the man liberally brandished the gun and showed violent tendencies in both banks but his demeanor remained calm.
The 1991 film "Point Break" featured a group of bank robbers in similar masks led by the late Patrick Swayze and dubbed "The Ex-Presidents."
bank robbery, los angeles news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat 56 min ago
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace' 21 min ago
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate