Los Angeles News
Nixon-masked robber holds up 2 L.A. banks
LOS ANGELES -- The FBI says it's looking for a man who robbed a pair of Los Angeles banks wearing a rubber mask of former president Richard Nixon.
FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said Friday that the man police have dubbed the "Ex-President Bandit" is responsible for the armed robbery of Santa Barbara Bank & Trust on Wednesday and a U.S. Bank branch on Nov. 25. Both banks are in the Encino area of the San Fernando Valley.
Eimiller says the man liberally brandished the gun and showed violent tendencies in both banks but his demeanor remained calm.
The 1991 film "Point Break" featured a group of bank robbers in similar masks led by the late Patrick Swayze and dubbed "The Ex-Presidents."
bank robbery, los angeles news
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign 29 min ago
- Prize-winning bulldogs stolen from IE home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Beach Report Card rates Calif. water quality
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'