Los Angeles News
Man shot outside Stevenson Ranch holiday party
STEVENSON RANCH, Calif. (KABC) -- The search continued Wednesday for a gunman who shot and killed a man outside a holiday party in Stevenson Ranch.
The shooting occurred at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in a parking lot in the 26000 block of The Old Road. Sheriff's officials said the shooting does not appear to have been related to the party.
The 37-year-old victim was shot once next to his white BMW. He was transported to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead. His name has not been released.
At least one suspect fled the scene. Detectives said they don't know if the shooter had an accomplice.
Detectives were continuing to investigate the shooting Wednesday, but did not have any suspect information. They said there are no signs of a robbery.
The victim was apparently shot after he stepped out of the office building to have a cigarette.
The incident has left co-workers and residents in Stevenson Ranch on edge.
"Somebody came running in and said he passed out, we all ran outside and just found him lying there," said co-worker Pete Adelson.
The victim, a father of three, owned a credit repair business. Employees said he opened the office in Stevenson Ranch a few months ago and business was good.
"He was such a nice guy. He was so friendly and open and polite to everyone, and to have something like this happen it's really, really tough," said Adelson.
Anyone with information about the shooting was urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's homicide bureau at (323) 890-5500.
santa clarita valley, shooting, los angeles news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 22 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 19 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 24 min ago