Los Angeles News
Metro Gold Line may extend more to East L.A.
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The newest extension of the Metro Gold Line has been open for just a few weeks, and already officials are considering how to extend it further.
The Gold Line now goes from Pasadena to East Los Angeles.
The cities of El Monte, Montebello, Monterey Park, Rosemead and South El Monte are collaborating on a plan to extend the rail line east from East L.A., parallel to the 60 Freeway.
A competing plan would have the trains veer into Whittier, to serve a number of dense housing developments.
Cities in the northern San Gabriel Valley have already won an extension from Pasadena east through Montclair, eventually connecting to Ontario International Airport.
metrolink, los angeles news
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly killed woman 3 min ago
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- James Franco seeks $500K to bankroll movies
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)