Los Angeles News
Arrest made in theater director's murder
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An arrest was made Tuesday in connection with the murder of Bennett Bradley, an East Hollywood theater director who was found stabbed to death Saturday.
Jose Fructuoso, a 25-year-old Mexican national, is being held in lieu of $1 million bail.
Bradley, 59, was found dead at about 6 p.m. Saturday inside his apartment in the 100 block of New Hampshire Avenue, near the Vermont/Beverly Red Line station. He had suffered multiple stab wounds to his body.
A surveillance team observed Fructuoso walking around near Bradley's residence, and the suspect was taken into custody. Detectives obtained a search warrant for Fructuoso's home, where evidence was found linking him to the murder.
Fructuoso later confessed to the crime during an interview with detectives.
The two men had a "romantic relationship," according to Los Angeles Police Cmdr. Matt Blake.
Bradley was a director and producer at the Fountain Theater in East Hollywood, where he worked for 16 years. He had been preparing for his latest production, scheduled to open in February.
The body was discovered by a stage manager who went to the apartment to check on Bradley because he did not show up for rehearsals.
body found, murder, lapd, koreatown, los angeles news, robert holguin
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands 20 min ago
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people 1 min ago
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video