Los Angeles News
Couple dead after apparent murder-suicide
ROSEMEAD, Calif. (KABC) -- A young couple died of gunshot wounds in Rosemead Wedneday in what is believed to be a murder-suicide. Police said the victims were discovered by family members.
Authorities responded to the 2600 block of Earle Avenue just after midnight and found a male and a female in their 20s, both Asian, shot in the head. The female victim was declared dead at the scene. The male victim was taken to a local hospital, where he later died.
According to authorities, the couple had dated and broke up a few months ago, but they still kept the lines of communication open. The young woman went to the home on Tuesday to pick up the man to go out for the day, and when they returned, things seemed fine.
"They went out, went skiing or something, came back, were socializing at the house, the other family members in the house went to bed, and they awoke to the gunshots," said L.A. County Sheriff's Lt. Liam Gallagher.
There were six people inside the home at the time of the shooting, but nobody else was hurt.
Police were unsure who shot whom. The gun believed to have been used in the shooting was recovered inside the home.
The names of the victims have not yet been released.
homicide investigation, murder, shooting, los angeles news, sid garcia
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found 30 min ago
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Gabor husband, daughter fight over spending
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film