Los Angeles News
Sketch released of El Segundo serial flasher
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (KABC) -- Police released a sketch of a suspect who has been repeatedly exposing himself to young girls in El Segundo.
The suspect is accused of exposing himself to more than a dozen girls in more than a year. He started flashing girls of middle-school age in Nov. 2008.
The man is described as a white male in his late 20s, 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall, weighing about 200 pounds. He drives a newer 4-door grey or light blue compact car.
"I've been here 20 years and I haven't seen anything that's been constant like this over the years," said El Segundo Police Lt. Brian Evanski.
El Segundo police said in the most recent incident the suspect drove into an alley just west of Lomeda Boulevard and waited until some adolescent girls walked by on the sidewalk. He then dropped his shorts and committed lewd acts in front of them.
The details are the nearly the same in all seven cases. The first incident occurred in an ally just north of the 800 block of Grand Avenue. He then struck twice in an ally east of the 400 block of Standard Street, near a park and only a block from the police station.
Investigators say the suspect hasn't been violent, but they're worried about the pattern.
"We always have that in the back of our minds, again we've been fortunate that it has not happened but you know there's certainly a possibility," said Evanski.
El Segundo has very little crime, so the flasher has unsettled many residents.
"I'm concerned. You know, I've been living in this town for 30 years and this is the first I've heard of it and I'm really concerned about it," said resident Mario Cetina.
Anyone with information was urged to call Evanski at (310) 524-2260.
los angeles news, gene gleeson
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India 27 min ago
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez's sexy new music video