Los Angeles News
Guest arrested in hotel manager's murder
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police have arrested a man in connection with the brutal stabbing death of a hotel manager in Little Tokyo.
Hideko Oyama, 74, was found bleeding on the second floor of the Chetwood Hotel Jan. 5.
She later died at a nearby hospital.
Los Angeles police arrested 39-year-old Jian Hong Li Tuesday afternoon in connection with the murder.
Police say Li was staying at the hotel, but he checked out on the day of the murder.
Though the reason for the murder is not yet certain, detectives believe that robbery could be the motive for the crime.
Li, a Chinese national, is being held on $1 million bail.
CNS contributed to this report.
downtown, homicide investigation, murder, little tokyo, lapd, robbery, los angeles news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 51 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 9 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church 46 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 36 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis