Los Angeles News
Water main break causes Hawthorne flooding
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (KABC) -- A water main break shut down part of Hawthorne Boulevard on Monday night.
The break happened at about 10:30 p.m. on Hawthorne Boulevard between 136th and 137th streets. City workers had to close the boulevard because of all the flooding. The water took over the street and sidewalk.
The local water department fixed the break Tuesday morning. It is unknown if any homes or businesses were affected by the break.
water main break, flooding, los angeles news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 19 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain 37 min ago
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage 57 min ago
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
17 min ago