Los Angeles News
Water main break causes Hawthorne flooding
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (KABC) -- A water main break shut down part of Hawthorne Boulevard on Monday night.
The break happened at about 10:30 p.m. on Hawthorne Boulevard between 136th and 137th streets. City workers had to close the boulevard because of all the flooding. The water took over the street and sidewalk.
The local water department fixed the break Tuesday morning. It is unknown if any homes or businesses were affected by the break.
water main break, flooding, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed 56 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book