Los Angeles News
Labrador Retrievers no longer top dogs in L.A.
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The American Kennel Club's ranking of the most popular dogs shows Bulldogs now top the list in Los Angeles. L.A. is the only city where the Bulldog ranks number one. It bumps the Labrador Retriever to the number two spot for the first time.
Golden Retrievers are third on the list, followed by German Shepherds, and Yorkshire Terriers.
In Long Beach, Labs are still on top. They're followed by German Shepherds, Bulldogs, French Bulldogs, and Yorkshire Terriers.
The Kennel Club says it's unusual for French bulldogs to rank in the top 5. They're number 24 on the nationwide list.
dog tale, los angeles news
- Nursing home shooting murder: Brother arrested 34 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- Holiday crackdown on jaywalking in downtown LA
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case 37 min ago
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Photos: ABC7 viewers share holiday photos
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Jason Clarke in talks for 'Terminator' reboot 59 min ago