Los Angeles News
Water off in Hawthorne after water main break
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (KABC) -- A water main break in Hawthorne disrupted service to the area on Monday morning.
The leak was reported in the 3600 block of West 147th Street at about 4:30 a.m. The pipe ruptured, and water was still bubbling to the surface two hours later.
The water is off and repair work is under way at 147th Street and Yukon Avenue. About 20 customers are affected by the shutoff.
This is just the latest in a series of ruptures to water mains in Southern California.
water main break, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition 47 min ago
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park 11 min ago
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 3 min ago
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report