Los Angeles News
LAPD probes suspicious death in Silver Lake
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The LAPD is investigating a suspicious death in Silver Lake after a man's body was found in the middle of the street on Tuesday.
The body was discovered on the 1100 block of Manzanita Street at about 7 p.m. Detectives said the man, who was in his late 30s or early 40s, had an injury to his head.
Authorities initially believed the death was a suicide, but now do not believe it was suicide. Police are unsure exactly how the man died, but confirmed that the injury was not a gunshot wound. However, a semiautomatic pistol was found 15 feet from the body.
Police must wait for an autopsy from the coroner's office. The victim's name has not yet been released.
Investigators are hoping witnesses come forward. Anyone with information is urged to call the LAPD Northeast detectives at (213) 485-2563.
City News Service contributed to this story.
silver lake, los angeles news
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 49 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 26 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court 20 min ago
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments