Los Angeles News
LAPD probes suspicious death in Silver Lake
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The LAPD is investigating a suspicious death in Silver Lake after a man's body was found in the middle of the street on Tuesday.
The body was discovered on the 1100 block of Manzanita Street at about 7 p.m. Detectives said the man, who was in his late 30s or early 40s, had an injury to his head.
Authorities initially believed the death was a suicide, but now do not believe it was suicide. Police are unsure exactly how the man died, but confirmed that the injury was not a gunshot wound. However, a semiautomatic pistol was found 15 feet from the body.
Police must wait for an autopsy from the coroner's office. The victim's name has not yet been released.
Investigators are hoping witnesses come forward. Anyone with information is urged to call the LAPD Northeast detectives at (213) 485-2563.
City News Service contributed to this story.
silver lake, los angeles news
- Anaheim Hills school bus crash: 9 injured 1 min ago
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line 1 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover
- Pet of the Week: Mini Pinscher named Tabasco
45 min ago