Los Angeles News
LAPD probes suspicious death in Silver Lake
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The LAPD is investigating a suspicious death in Silver Lake after a man's body was found in the middle of the street on Tuesday.
The body was discovered on the 1100 block of Manzanita Street at about 7 p.m. Detectives said the man, who was in his late 30s or early 40s, had an injury to his head.
Authorities initially believed the death was a suicide, but now do not believe it was suicide. Police are unsure exactly how the man died, but confirmed that the injury was not a gunshot wound. However, a semiautomatic pistol was found 15 feet from the body.
Police must wait for an autopsy from the coroner's office. The victim's name has not yet been released.
Investigators are hoping witnesses come forward. Anyone with information is urged to call the LAPD Northeast detectives at (213) 485-2563.
City News Service contributed to this story.
silver lake, los angeles news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)