Los Angeles News
Woman 8 months pregnant loses child in crash
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A woman who was eight months pregnant was injured in a traffic collision in the Harvard Heights area and her unborn child was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Police say the crash occurred Wednesday night at West Washington Boulevard and South Western Avenue. Investigators report the pregnant woman was a passenger in a car that made an "unsafe left turn" into the path of a lunch truck. The car and the lunch truck and a third vehicle then crashed.
Police say there was no crime involved and that the incident is being investigated as an accident. City News Service contributed to this story
birth, accident, los angeles news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill