Los Angeles News
80+ couples to renew vows on Valentine's Day
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Nearly 100 married couples from throughout Southern California will renew their wedding vows in special services on Valentine's Day.
A total of 89 couples will renew their vows at the World Marriage Day Masses at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Angels on 555 W. Temple Street in Los Angeles.
Cardinal Roger Mahony will preside at the 10 a.m. Mass in English, and Auxiliary Bishop Alexander Salazar will celebrate the Mass in Spanish at 12:30 p.m.
All of the participating couple have been married for 25 years or longer. Couples celebrating more than 50 years of marriage include: Olivia and Ramond Rodriguez (51 years, Los Angeles), Rosa Luz and Jorge Astacio (51 years, Alhambra), Olivia and Francisco DeLuna (55 years, Glendale), Mary and Ralph Guerrero (58 years, Los Angeles), Charlotte Theresa and Vincent Laura (60 years, Rancho Palos Verdes), Margaret and Edward Viskocil (60 years, Burbank), Gertrude and Walter Schrey (68 years, Sunland), Adela and Alberto Dominguez (70 years, Los Angeles) and Mabel and Theodore Troy (77 years, Inglewood).
valentine's day, holiday, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought 43 min ago
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts 7 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 35 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack 46 min ago
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report