Los Angeles News
Teen hit, killed by overturned car in Malibu
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- Sheriff's deputies are investigating the death of a 13-year-old girl who was struck by a car in Malibu.
Detectives said Emily Rose Shane was walking home from a friend's house along the 29000 block of Pacific Coast Highway when a driver in a Mitsubishi Lancer hit her.
Deputies arrested 26-year-old Sina Khankhanian at the scene and booked him for murder. Investigators believe Khankhanian may have intentionally crashed his car into power pole, causing it to overturn and hit the teen.
Homicide detectives have been assigned to the case but said they don't believe the suspect intentionally hit the girl.
Shane's death came 24 hours after a 43-year-old man was killed after his car was hit by another motorist who fell asleep at the wheel in Malibu.
accident, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book