Los Angeles News
LAX flights delayed by security breach
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A security breach at Los Angeles International Airport prompted authorities to delay some 15 flights for about two hours on Thursday morning.
A TSA official said the incident occurred around 5 a.m. A man going through security at terminal 7 was picked out for secondary screening to physically check his bag, but instead picked up his carry-on bag and took off.
Security screening at terminals 5, 6 and 7 was halted while police went to look for the man. As a result, thousands of people were forced to wait inside and on the sidewalk to go through security.
The passenger apparently didn't understand that his bag needed more screening but it's unclear how he got through security without being stopped.
The man was located on a United plane, returned to the terminal and re-screened. His bag was checked, nothing dangerous was found and the incident ended at 6:48 a.m.
los angeles news, gene gleeson
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnapping 32 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 40 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies 1 min ago
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet 40 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Cockfighting ring busted in Riverside County
22 min ago