Los Angeles News
LAX flights delayed by security breach
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A security breach at Los Angeles International Airport prompted authorities to delay some 15 flights for about two hours on Thursday morning.
A TSA official said the incident occurred around 5 a.m. A man going through security at terminal 7 was picked out for secondary screening to physically check his bag, but instead picked up his carry-on bag and took off.
Security screening at terminals 5, 6 and 7 was halted while police went to look for the man. As a result, thousands of people were forced to wait inside and on the sidewalk to go through security.
The passenger apparently didn't understand that his bag needed more screening but it's unclear how he got through security without being stopped.
The man was located on a United plane, returned to the terminal and re-screened. His bag was checked, nothing dangerous was found and the incident ended at 6:48 a.m.
los angeles news, gene gleeson
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees