Los Angeles News
President Obama to attend fundraiser in SoCal
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- President Barack Obama is expected to visit Southern California Monday for a fundraiser for Sen. Barbara Boxer's re-election campaign.
The fundraiser is scheduled to take place in the afternoon at Exposition Park.
The post-fundraiser reception at 4:30 p.m. will take place at the California Science Museum, followed by a dinner at the Natural History Museum. Tickets cost $250-2,500 for the reception and $35,000 per couple for the dinner.
The president is coming via helicopter but police warn some streets may be closed north of the Memorial Coliseum, creating heavier traffic in the area.
CNS contributed to this report.
president barack obama, los angeles news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car 34 min ago
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying 41 min ago
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert