Los Angeles News
2 shooting suspects killed in Compton chase
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Two suspects in a drive-by shooting were killed after slamming into another car during a high speed police pursuit Saturday.
One person was wounded in the drive-by shooting which happened on Patata Street in Cudahy at around 2 a.m. Maywood police put out a search call for the shooting suspects, and South Gate police soon spotted the car.
The suspects' white Nissan sedan was speeding southbound on Atlantic Avenue when it slammed into a grey Chrysler sedan trying to make a left turn near East Rosecrans Avenue.
"They see the pursuit coming southbound towards them. They come almost to a full stop. The driver of the white car loses control and is sideways when it collides with the grey car that is almost stopped. The driver and the passenger of the white car sustained fatal injuries," said CHP Sgt. T. Uemura.
The two occupants in the Chrysler sustained only minor to moderate injuries and were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The identities of the two men who died in the collision have not been released by the coroner's office.
CNS contributed to this report.
south gate, car chase, shooting, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 5 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere