Los Angeles News
2 shooting suspects killed in Compton chase
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Two suspects in a drive-by shooting were killed after slamming into another car during a high speed police pursuit Saturday.
One person was wounded in the drive-by shooting which happened on Patata Street in Cudahy at around 2 a.m. Maywood police put out a search call for the shooting suspects, and South Gate police soon spotted the car.
The suspects' white Nissan sedan was speeding southbound on Atlantic Avenue when it slammed into a grey Chrysler sedan trying to make a left turn near East Rosecrans Avenue.
"They see the pursuit coming southbound towards them. They come almost to a full stop. The driver of the white car loses control and is sideways when it collides with the grey car that is almost stopped. The driver and the passenger of the white car sustained fatal injuries," said CHP Sgt. T. Uemura.
The two occupants in the Chrysler sustained only minor to moderate injuries and were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The identities of the two men who died in the collision have not been released by the coroner's office.
CNS contributed to this report.
south gate, car chase, shooting, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- CA proposal: Kill switch for stolen phones?
1 min ago