Los Angeles News
Police search for downtown L.A. robbery duo
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is underway for two robbery suspects who police believe have been involved in four armed holdups in downtown L.A. and Chinatown in the past 10 days.
Detectives released surveillance photos that show the pair moments before they approached a victim. "It's quite eerie to watch," said Lt. Paul Vernon, "It's like watching the wolf eye the fawn."
Police believe the two were involved in four robberies. They believe the suspects are Hispanic and in their late teens or early twenties.
Investigators say the first two hold ups occurred on April 25, just 15 minutes apart. At 1:30 a.m. Two men got out of a black 4-door car and robbed a man in the parking lot of 923 Francisco Street. The suspects then went north to 8th Street and Figueroa where they held up a woman in a parking lot.
The two struck again on April 28, in an alley leading to the valet parking for the Orpheum Lofts on South Broadway. Police say surveillance video shows one suspect putting a gun to a 26-year-old woman's chest and grabbing her purse off her arm. His accomplice grabbed the phone out of her hand, Vernon reported.
The most recent robbery came just after 7 p.m. Monday when the two robbed a 30-year-old man of his money and cell phone in a residential area of Chinatown. The victim told police the suspects were in a black Honda.
Police are hoping anyone with any information about the crimes will report it at 1-800 222-TIPS (8477)
robbery, lapd, chinatown, downtown, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58 19 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store 52 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members 2 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour